Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lime Pecan Butter Cookies


So I am getting ready for my sister's upcoming Hitchfest and am going overboard with providing cookies, fudge, etc for everyone.  Nothing unusual there.  Anyway, in getting together all of my recipes I looked all over for this one and only found it in an email that I sent out a very very long time ago, November 2009 actually.  So I thought I would put it on my blog so that I would always know where it is and can be lazy the next time I look for it be able to share its yummy goodness with everyone!

Lime Pecan Butter Cookies

Preheat oven to 350.
 
Spray or butter baking sheet(s).
 
2 cups a/p flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
lime (I don't use a lime, just about 4 tsp of key lime juice)
3/4 cup unsalted butter cut into cubes
1 egg white
 
In bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch and salt.  (I don't think I sift either)  In food processor, combine 1/4 cup of sugar and pecans.  Pulse until finely chopped.  Set aside.
 
Zest lime if using (so much easier to use key lime juice).  Squeeze juice out of lime, remove all seeds, add zest and set aside.
 
In bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and butter.  Beat until light about 5 minutes.  Add egg white, lime zest and 2 tsp of limejuice (or 4 tsp key lime juice).  Continue beating until fluffy another 5 to 8 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.  Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture a little at a time.  Add pecan mixture and mix well.  Using small spoon, scoop up spoonfuls of dough and form them into balls (heh) about 1 inch in diameter.  (I roll mine in sugar at this stage).  Place on prepared baking sheet and press to flatten a little.  Bake until edges of cookies are brown about 18 to 20 minutes.  Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely before storing.


No comments:

Post a Comment