Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Once upon time, long, long ago, I promised to post this:

This is one of my favorite dip recipes and I would like to take this time to point out that I am sacrificing a nap to get off my to-do list. Ok,

Garlic Shrimp and Crab Dip:

1 8-oz package of cream cheese (you can use the reduced fat and it is great, I don't know about the fat free)
1 clove garlic, crushed, or equal amount powdered garlic or crushed from the jar
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 heaping tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1 tsp. grated onion (I use onion powder)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 7-0z can crab meat (I use one of the cans at the seafood section, I think backfin)
2 7-oz cans tiny shrimp (I use about one pound of cooked shrimp from the seafood folks, chopped up)

Heat all ingredients, except last 2, in the top of a double boiler until blended and smooth. Drain crab and shrimp and rinse under cold water (you can freshen with lemon juice if you like). Fold into cream cheese mixture. Serve hot with crackers.

It is also really good cold and can be made the day before and refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment