Gas Pump: Welcome to "Gas is Cheaper in South Carolina." Please insert card and remove quickly.
Me: [Inserts card and removes quickly.]
Pump: Is that credit or debit?
Me: Credit.
Pump: Please enter zip code.
Me: [Enters zip code.]
Pump: "Hmph, what are you doin' comin' all the way down here for cheap gas and you have an American Idol winner livin' down the street from you?"
Me: "She lives in the swanky neighborhood. I am more 'swanky-adjacent.'"
Pump: "Hmmm, sure. Do you want regular, plus or premium?"
Me: [Pushes regular button.]
Pump: "Seriously? With a car that big?"
Me: "Yes, gas is expensive anyway and I got a kid in preschool, we just had to get a new roof, our two big dogs are on this expensive senior food for their joints . ."
Pump: "Whatever lady." *cough*cheapskate*cough* "Well, start pumping."
Me: [Starts pumping.]
Pump: [Turns off.] "You mean you came all the way down here to get five gallons of gas? Talk about a waste. Should have known when I saw that big ol' SUV come rollin' up."
Me: "As a matter of fact I am on my way to make a donation to one of your local charities and decided to stop on the way so I wasted no gas at all thank you very much. Why are you so angry?"
Pump: "Me? Angry? Why listen you . . . sorry, I'm just tired what with all you Charlotte people coming down here and all. And the fumes. They just get to me."
Pump: "Me? Angry? Why listen you . . . sorry, I'm just tired what with all you Charlotte people coming down here and all. And the fumes. They just get to me."
Me: "Ok. No problem."
Pump: "Do you want a car wash today?"
Me: [pushes "no" button.]
Pump: "Are you sure? Cuz from where I'm standing it looks like your car is about 2 1/2 hours away from your kid writing 'Wash Me' on the back window."
Me: "Not gonna happen. He can't write. Or spell for that matter."
Pump: "Sheesh, sorry lady."
Me: "Not a big deal, he's 3."
Me: "Not a big deal, he's 3."
Pump: "Oh. Well, do you want a receipt?"
Me: [pushes "no" button.]
Pump: "I see. So now you are trying to save the environment even though you drive that 18-wheeler all over town."
Me: "No, its just that I end up throwing the receipts away anyway and . . . why I am explaining myself to you?"
And you know how at the end you usually see a nice "Thank you for shopping at blah-de-blah. Have a nice day."? Well, I could have sworn I saw "Get lost. Oh, and you might want to think about laying off the cupcakes."
Chicken Salad:
1 can chicken or pick apart a rotisserie chicken
start with 1/2 cup may then add more if you like
1 granny smith apple cut up really small (in a mini-chopper if you have one)
1/2 cup pecans chopped or mini-chopper-ed
salt and pepper to taste
Mix it up and shove it in yo mouth.
The chicken salad from the boy's birthday party:
4 cups chicken (I think I used two big cans (heh) or one rotisserie)
call for 3 celery ribs, but I think you know my feelings on celery
1 cup craisins
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 1/2 cups mayo (maybe start with 1 cup and see how you feel)
1/3 cup honey
salt and pepper to taste
Mix chicken, celery (if you must), craisins and pecans.
In separate bowl, mix mayo, honey, salt and pepper. Pour mayo mixture over chicken mixture and mixture them.
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOh, and tonight I made another version with chicken, crushed up cashews (I was out of pecans), apples, mayo and craisins. Pretty tasty but needed a bit more pepper.
ReplyDelete