Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 13 and 14 - Part 1 Red Velvet Cheesecake

Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday (well, actually today but yesterday was the party) and she wanted the red velvet cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.  I took it upon myself to make one.  It actually was not that hard. Several steps over two days and voila! a wonky sided  (because I do not have one of those cake cutter things that even out a layer) red velvet cheesecake was born from my kitchen!  It was pretty tasty but to be honest it was a brown-velvet cheesecake because I did not have enough red.  The hardest part was shaving the white chocolate for the decorative topping.  I have a feeling it may have been even more enjoyable for all parties had my 2 year old not blown chunks all over the birthday lady, her brand new upholstered dining room chair (seriously, had them for 1 week and this was the first day they were used) and carpet.  Sort of dampened the birthday vibe.  We all had to pause to clean up and it takes a while for the smell of hot-day-milk-barf to get out of ones nose.  In fact, if I concentrated hard enough I do believe I could still smell it.  Not good.  Not good at all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment