So daily is apparently not my thing but I shall keep trying. This will be for Day 8. It feels like cheating or something to break one big post down into two smaller ones for the sake of a goal, but there you have it. Also, I guess I technically need to start over from Day 1 for 40 continuous days of posting but that seems like a lot of trouble right now - especially at 11pm. I have just finished "Pretty Little Liars" and am trying to fill my brain with pleasant things like puppies and cupcakes and a large Mint Condition from Caribou Coffee that now miraculously does not have any fat or calories but tastes the same. PLL has definitely raised the bar on creepy for television. Little warning here for you - if you don't like dolls, especially the old school dolls that look like they have mange and maybe a touch of leprosy, do not watch this show. It does not matter how creepy it is, I keep coming back for more. Those girls have serious high school drama. In my day (dang, I actually went there) the big drama was who was hooking up the guy you thought was cute (because even if you never actually voiced your opinion about this guy to anyone and probably dozens of other girls thought the same thoughts as you, YOU had proprietary rights over this guy and those other 'hos best get to steppin'! and even if this guy you worshiped from afar never knew you existed, the fact that he intentionally went out with someone who was not you meant that he was shallow and "how could he do this to me?!!?!" Ahem, where was I?), what to wear to field party that you did not care to get ruined but also did not want to look like a longshoreman and would also enable one to pee in a ditch or behind a pick-up truck with maximum ease, and how much hairspray should one use for maximum "poof" sustainability. These were problems of my time. Not for the PLL gals. No sir. Oh yes, there is the boy drama but it is more along the lines of how-to-hide-the-fact-that-my-boyfriend-lives-in-my-basement-because-his-foster-family-kicked-him-out or my-boyfriend-is-actually-my-high-school-English-teacher-and-could-get-arrested-any-day-for-dating-me. Throw in murder, kidnapping, vehicular assault, intentional infliction of emotional distress and some crazy vine-covered lunatic asylum and you have a typical day in the lives of these gals. My mind is still not cleansed. Next!
No comments:
Post a Comment