So yesterday was one of those days where there were a lot of highs and lows. Highs of being overwhelmed by the cuteness of my boy as he tried on new shoes and lows of getting overly-frustrated in a parking lot while trying to get drive-thru lunch.
The boy was too cute trying to decide between blue shoes and green shoes so his Yiayia stepped up and saved the day. I was about to get frustrated because he would not pick one but then realized that I too have had that same dilemma many, many, many times in my life.
Then we decide to pick up lunch. The parking lot/drive-thru of this particular restaurant is not known for its ease of navigability. I would try to explain and I would also try to diagram but it is just too difficult. I was waiting in the long line that wraps around the building and about the distance of one car in front of me is a stop sign for cross traffic.
Now, the lady in front of me was stopped so that if any cars came to that stop sign they could cross to get to other places but all of the cars seemed to think they could just turn left and get in line in front of us. I guess the lady in front of me was cool with it but I was starting to get a tad annoyed because they just pulled up to the stop sign while I had two hungry kids in the car and had been waiting.
So she ends up going and I stop so that people could cross because while technically NOT an intersection I still feel it is rude to just block and traffic flow thru area. Then more people come up to the stop sign to turn left to get in line. At this point I am all "screw not blocking a traffic flow thru area" and start to pull up. Well this lady just pulls out directly in front of me and keeps pulling out even though I am moving forward in a "Bitch, you ain't getting in front of me!" fashion. Well, she did.
It was either let her go, get hit or be that obnoxious person who lays on the horn. And of course she did not even wave or give any other sign of graciousness. I was trying not get too worked up because the kids are in the car and other people can see me especially another lady right next to me who was sort of laughing at me but in a sympathetic way. So in order to balance out the frustration and bad juju that the Acura lady threw out into the world, I paid for the two kids meals for the lady behind me. Passing along some good. Also counts towards my 40 random acts of kindness.
No comments:
Post a Comment