I do hope that my missing yesterday is not a sign of the lapse I faced a couple of weeks ago. Well, now that the girl has stopped screaming for the night (I hope) I can crank out this post. I am so vair tired but I do have to share my delight in my latest frozen concoction. Speculoos Ice Cream. I got my Speculoos Cookie Butter at Trader Joe's. I have not seen it anywhere else but then again I really have not looked anywhere else. I am sure it is hanging around Dean and Deluca or Williams Sonoma. If not, they are vair vair behind the times. I am not quite sure how I first came into contact with this stuff other than through my reading about Belgian Liege Waffles when my favorite cafe, Cast Iron Waffles opened up a while back. So I was making Nutella Ice Cream for my boy's upcoming birthday party when I decided that the Speculoos has the same consistency (sort of) as Nutella and decided to substitute it for the Nutella in that recipe. It turned out great! So if you like a cinnamony / spice cookie flavor, try some. Not necessarily in ice cream but on an english muffin or whatever.
Also, there seems to be more drama around this product than Stieg Larsson estate bru-ha-ha.
P.S. If I ever get around to penning some best-selling novels, I sincerely hope that my family does not pull any of that nonsense.
P.P.S. It is probably a moot point as I cannot even seem to post a frickin' blog entry a day much less sit down and write best-selling novels.
P.P.P.S. Although if my writing partner would ever get off her ass and write up a chapter, I might be on my way (ARE YOU READING THIS WRITING PARTNER?!?!?")
P.P.P.P.S. She is probably not reading this because like me she has two wee-ish ones that seem to occupy most of her time. Although I do happen to know for le fact that she does read a lot and therefore one would think she could have oh, say, an hour to get on this.
P.P.P.P.P.S. Writing Partner (not using names because of this P.P.P.P.P.S.), we will discuss this tomorrow at my boy's birthday party, that is if your child does not unload another deuce in my driveway. Seriously y'all, this happened two years ago. Granted the child was not yet 2, but still, it does not get talked about enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment