Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 9 - Let us not eat cake

Yesterday was the boy's birthday party so there was a strawberry cake with Nutella filling and frosting with different homemade ice creams that I have been making over the past week.  Today is my mom's birthday so there was a big brunch followed by more cake (vanilla cake with Nutella filling and frosting) and ice cream.  I never thought I would say this but "enough with the cake and ice cream!"  The boy's actual birthday is one day this week and I really, really, really hope I can get by without him wanting cake and ice cream.  Maybe I will pull a cupcake out of the freezer and he can have it or share it with his sister.  Or maybe I can talk him into a nice lettuce salad.  Will lettuce hold a candle?  

I also spent the day cleaning out the "we-don't-show-anyone-that-room" room.  It used to be the den but turned into the holding cell for all things coming and going through the house.  In the past year . . . ok, two, there has definitely been a lack of going but that has changed.  We like for the kiddos to run laps in the evening to tire themselves before bed and clearing out this room will add some yardage for them (maybe they can hurdle the baby gates?)  If this translates into an earlier and easier bedtime then we will happily accept that.  I will not say how bad the room was (I don't think Nicey Nash was ever going to show up - although I wish she would because I could use some new flooring or seating for getting rid of some stuff) but I am glad it is about 90% done.  My vacuum cleaner might need therapy.  

For my 30th book of the year, I am reading:  



The second in the Scotland Street series.  It is quite enjoyable and I do hope to keep my eyes open for another 45 minutes or so to make a dent in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment