Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies - the Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

This is now my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe. Of course I have it listed in my cookbook as "Most Excellent Chocolate Chip Cookies (Brandy)" because my sister is the one who gave it to me.

2 1/2 cups oatmeal, blended (I do it super-fine because I want it to look like me.)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one. Add vanilla. Then add all of the dry ingredients with the chips and chunks being last. Drop about 1 to 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes and 42 seconds. I tend to slightly undercook my cookies on the theory that they will continue to cook a little after they are out of the oven. And I like a gooey cookie.

Today's meal (for you, not me) is Shrimp Scampi. This one is from the Neeley's. I enjoy watching their show on the Food Network although sometimes I am afraid they are going have a Cinemax after-dark moment. I also decrease the butter in this one (sometimes).

http://http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/ginas-shrimp-scampi-with-angel-hair-pasta-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment