Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Avast Ye, Landlubbers!!

I just found out that the folks who so brilliantly brought us "Wallace & Gromit" are making a movie out of "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!" This just mere hours after I suggested these books! I must have some sort of special power! However I have no idea what it could be and how I can use it to clean my house, get my kids to nap or put some doubloons in the kitty for new windows.

Here is a news bit about it from the author's website: http://http//www.gideondefoe.com/page3.htm

I decided to re-read the books because they make me laugh and am coming up with a list of pirate names that I think I should start signing on my receipts and tax returns. For example, "the pirate with moxy" and "the pirate who sees too much poo." Or, for my Chanukah folks, "the pirate with chutzpah." I am so excited that I am following, in a twitter manner, the director of the film who just posted that they have completed roughly 14 minutes of the movie so far! With any luck my total social security distribution should just about cover the ticket price when the movie comes out. In the meantime, I shall reread the books and eagerly await the next in the series.

In baking news, I made Congo Bars from the Fat Witch cookbook "Brownies, Blondies, and Bars From New York's Legendary Fat Witch Bakery." Since this came from a non-web-based source and I could not find the recipe on-line, I am a little hestitant to reproduce it here what with all the copyright infringement lawsuits flying around. If you would like me to pass it along I would be happy to do so. Verbally, on a secure line or in person under conditions determined at the last minute by me via a prepaid cell phone. There are a lot of versions out there but this one is a graham cracker crust bar, with chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, coconut and sweetened condensed milk baked to a lovely golden brown. It is a chocolate chip macaroon on a graham cracker crust. Glorious!!! Here is what they look like out of my kitchen:


And here is what it looks like about to be eaten:

I would also like to introduce a new segment that I am calling "Things I Learned from the 'Today Show'." I admit it, I like the Today Show. I find Al Roker hilarious and I believe I heard Meredith say "shit" this morning during a cooking segment with the Barefoot Contessa. Awesome. What I learned today is that with some anti-bacteria cleaners, you have to spray it on a surface then let it sit for 10 minutes before wiping it up! Who knew? I did read the directions and it clearly states to do so on the label, but really, how many of you read the labels for something like a spray cleaner? All this time I was all spray-spray-spray-wipe-wipe-wipe. There are some cleaners with less drying time so I am going to look into that. 10 MINUTES YA'LL! And all this time I thought my boy was sniffly from hanging out in and on germy things at the My Gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment