So a few weeks ago I learned from the Today Show that William Rast was putting out a line of clothes for Target and they would be in stores on December 19th. Now I have never heard of Mr. Rast and his clothing line before but I figure if Bobbie Thomas was excited about it then, dammit, I would be too! Knowing that I would forget this bit of information before the mid-day news came on, I programmed my phone to remind me of this event. William Rast jeans normally sell for about $150 to $200 which is a lot more than I would pay for jeans but that is me. Although if I can ever get close to my college size I am so going out and buying a pair of Lucky jeans. Until then the ones I have do quite nicely thank you very much. So a few days ago I am going to Target for completely unrelated items when I saw my phone had a little icon that I normally do not see. It was the reminder. So I find the jeans, try them on and was all "Yeah, I can see it." I get up to the cash register (although they should probably call them credit card registers these days) and as I am putting the jeans on the belt I notice the $49.99 tag. Now that is a much better price than $200.00 for jeans but $50? For jeans? At Target? There should be no item of clothing in Target that is more than $40.00 and that should be a winter coat. I did not buy the jeans. My children need Christmas. Then I get home and look up this designer and see the price range of his jeans and notice that he sells jean shorts for $165. Here is your visual:
http://http//www.williamrast.com/SCARLET_SHORT/pd/np/12/p/1008.htmlNow I feel like an old person because I am all "why would anyone pay that much money for that little material when you can get the whole jeans for less?!?!?!" Then my inner 16-year-old hung her head in shame and slowly walked away muttering and cursing under her breath. I am pretty sure I saw an eye-roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment