So my internet was down from yesterday morning thru late this afternoon. Therefore you get two cookie recipes!
The first is Fudgy Bonbons. I got this one from a Pillsbury cookbook. It originally came from a lady named Mary Anne Tyndall who was Pillsbury's grand prize winner in their 1994 contest. And because of the glory of all things on the internet, I do not have to type it up! (although if the link does not work, let me know and I will post it)
I do not do the drizzle over the cookies because I just don't want to. Instead I take a shaker of powdered sugar and lightly dust the cookies. I find they look more festive.
Now your healthy meal: Filet with Merlot Sauce. A bit on the fancy side but super easy if you know how to cook a steak. And because I want to make my life easy tonight here is the link:
I only cook this at Christmas or for my birthday so it is served with either mashed potatoes or twice-baked potatoes. To keep with the healthy theme though, serve it up with a salad and maybe some sauteed green beans.
Yesterday was a day to run around. And around. And around. Luckily I had my momz to chauffeur me while my Christmas/Birthday presents were being installed on my car. I am seriously going to put bows on my tires Christmas Eve and make the kids go to the driveway to see what Santa brought Mommy. Or maybe just the one new car bow and have four hangy-down bits with arrows pointing to the tires. Yeah, that's it. So I am going into the grocery store to pick up five things when the garage calls to tell me the car is ready. Cool, I only a few things then I can pick up the car! Of course when I go into Harris Teeter they are having another free Holiday Wine Tasting!!!! FREE WINE!!! AGAIN!!! And of course I do not have time to hang out. Blast.
The cookie recipe for today is from Ina Garten. Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars. I came across this one while flipping thru a cookbook at the library. It has that lovely salty/sweet combination and I believe I used blackberry jam instead of raspberry although I bet any jam would be good. I just picked up a jar of Marionberry jam yesterday so now it knows its purpose. Here is the link:
For your healthy dinner I am going to take the easy way out tonight because I am just that tired and I need to finish a book that is already overdue at the 'brary and it is late and I think I still have laundry in the wash. . . . . . . . . Yes, I do. Frick. Ok, so before you make or eat the PB&J bars have this for dinner: Baked salmon with this marinade:

The marinade does have a bit of heat from the red pepper flakes but is sooooo tasty. I get it at either Harris Teeter or Fresh Market. Serve it up with some steamed broccoli!
Ok, there is a lot going on in the news lately, something about Wikileaks and some dude who does not mind spreading secrets but wants his house-arrest location kept underwraps and then there is something about taxes and politics. I really would like to know what is going on but it is hard to listen to the news in the morning with two kids all up in my grill while I try to guzzle a vat of coffee to keep up with them. The one thing I did learn from the Today Show this week is that Teva and someone else made a Teva stiletto. Four-inch high sandals. And they can be yours for the low, low price of $330.00.
I also learned that some guys will think that a wrapped tampon can look like a Christmas treat:
http://http//www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/40606754#40606754 or try this one:
If you watch this video, the bit I am talking about is about 7 minutes in and if you let the video load, you can fast forward to the Bobbie Thomas section.
No comments:
Post a Comment