Looks good, right? Clancy and Biggie think so too because they are doggie cookies! This recipe is from the Three Dog Bakery cookbook.
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all together then drop onto cookie sheet about the size of a golf ball. Flatten slightly (I did a sassy criss-cross). Bake until slightly golden brown (mine were kind of small so they were done in about 16 minutes). The recipe says about 20 to 24 minutes. Cool then let your best pal enjoy! Since you don't get to eat cookies (although I guess you could), I feel that I deserve a night off from the healthy dinner bit. I am tired and have more baking to do.
But first I forgot to tell you about the amazing book I read: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson.

It was a wonderful novel about an older English widower who falls for the local Pakistani shopkeeper (widow). The book focuses on his reaction to these feelings, how the local villagers react to this relationship and the relationship between him and his social climbing son. The Major is a bit of a curmudgeon but has a lovely dry, sarcastic wit that I am all about. It took me about a week and a half to finish because I loved the writing and did not want it to end. I really enjoyed it and by the looks of the wait list at the library it is becoming quite popular. If you are bored by all things British, you probably want to pass on this one. It was a light old-fashioned romantic comedy with some splashes of drama.
No comments:
Post a Comment