Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Can I still call it the "12th Day of Christmas Cookies" when it is way past Christmas?

Wow, did I ever drop the ball. I guess I should make it a goal to post one a week then that way if I do more I can be all "Hey! Check me out! I'm posting tons!" Even though it is past Christmas I am going to give ya'll one last goody recipe. This one I made and gave out to family and friends (and kept a bit as it is tasty). Alton Brown's White Trash.

http://http//www.food.com/recipe/alton-browns-white-trash-226723

I used multi-grain Cheerios, 1/2 milk and 1/2 dark chocolate M&Ms, only lightly salted peanuts instead of mixed nuts and added one half of a bag of peanut butter chips to the white chocolate chips. The best part is that after making this, the boy likes to eat the leftover cereal. I also made "Christmas Crack" which is just the saltine/toffee/chocolate recipe and I am wondering if it is called "Christmas Crack" because it is addicting or because it has so much sugar that after you eat some you feel like running 12 miles then cleaning your house with a toothbrush? I'll let you know.

Ok, now let me see if I can come up with a healthy dinner. . . . . . . . (que the Jeopardy theme please) . . . . . . . How about . . . . . Ok, I'll just share what I had tonight. Not really healthy but not terrible either: frozen (then baked) tilapia, leftover Trader Joe's mac and cheese that I mixed up with little green peas so the boy would eat some veg, and a Greek yogurt with honey and sliced toasted almonds. Yikes, that sounds nasty after typing it out. But true.

I finished Christopher Moore's "The Stupidest Angel" for my pre-Christmas read. Ridiculous, funny and I completely forgot about the whole zombie bit but was able to soldier ahead and finish the book without any nightmares (I have a thing about zombies. Don't like 'em. Not even a little bit.) But these zombies were morons. Not that that stopped them from killing people and eating brains, but I was able to give them idiotic faces whilst they were doing so.

Tomorrow is Christmas Part IV so I will be up making the semi-annual dressing and a new mac and cheese recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment