This is what I am reading now:

And here is a link about it:
http://http//search.barnesandnoble.com/Poison-Study/Maria-V-Snyder/e/9780778324331/?itm=3&USRI=poison+study
(I would use Amazon, but it and my computer are in cahoots and 95% of the time I try to go to Amazon's website my computer is all "cannot access website" and that is when I want to go all Office Space up on it.) Anyway....
I looked at this book on numerous occasions when I worked at the library and finally checked it out. I was a little leery about it because it comes from the SciFi-Fantasy section which I tend not to read unless I have heard from a reliable source that the book is good. This is the first SciFi-Fantasy book that I picked out all by myself! My parents would be so proud.
It is quite enjoyable. The people are people and not some sort of half person half wildebeest. It takes place in some sort of other world but again, nothing too strange. Just folks in castles and magicians. The main character is up for execution for murder and is given a choice to go ahead with the execution (no pun intended) or become the commander's food taster and maybe die tomorrow or in a while. She ends up being the food taster because otherwise it would be a pamphlet and not a novel. There are people who are out to get her and .... well, see for yourself. It is the first of three in a series so I will be checking out the other two.
No comments:
Post a Comment